LATEST UPDATE 6th December :- eMap is released via Download Centre
LATEST UPDATE :- The new demo video is here
It’s been a little while since I blogged about our forthcoming release of eMap which is a full integration with Bing Maps and Microsoft Dynamics CRM. There are a number of reasons for this and below we cover off some of the points on why we decided to delay the release to improve on what was the initial proto-type.
The one thing we really wanted to achieve was a slick look and feel that complemented the way CRM worked, but extend the functionality of MAPS so that end users could easily work with data as pins on a MAP.
You can easily see from the map pin pop-up on the above screen shot that not only is the data that is shown in the pop-up configurable but there are a number of functions that enable actions
1. Add the pin to the route you are planning
2. Create any standard or custom activities in CRM
3. Assign a record to another CRM user
In nearly all circumstances we have followed the standard design and reuse of Microsoft CRM components so if you wanted to create an activity from the pop-up then you would see the standard screen in CRM
If you then go onto create an activity as you would expect all the data from the record will come across to the newly created entity.
You can see from the side navigation tool bar that there are a number of MAP functions available for working with the data on the different layers. You can also see that you have the option to select different MAPS as within the eMAP solution there is the ability to create more than one map with one or more layers. This means you could have a Customer map, or a Sales Opportunity Map by territory or a Service case Map, so the whole business can actively see where current activity is.
Currently in the eMAP solution there are 6 main functions to work with CRM data these are:-
1. Map Section:- As stated before you can create more than one MAP and this part of the tool allows you to select which map you want to work with.
2. View Type:- The view type allows you to select how you see the map either Aerial, Road or the standard Automatic setting.
3. Quick Filter:- As the name suggest this allows you to filter the CRM data on the MAP layers by typing In a name of a company or a contact or related record that is displayed on the Map
4. Entity Distance Filter:- This filter enables an end user to quickly find records that are within a distance of each other and in the above example you can see contacts that are within 5 miles of an account record.
5. Route Planner:- The route planner is a great way of creating a drive route or visit plan for a number of listed customers and there a number of way to do.
6. List Creator:- The list creator is a great feature for creating bulk actions and from here a user can create a bulk workflow job, add record to a Marketing list, copy data to the clipboard and bulk assign records from the selected list.
One of the great features of eMAP is the ability to create lists containing data so that different actions can be taken, the screen shot below shows a range of data that has been selected.
You can see that the data is then displayed in a table and from here bulk jobs can be performed. These tasks include
1. Copy the data from the table to the local clipboard so that it can be used in Microsoft Word or Excel or other applications
2. Run a workflow against selected records
3. Add selected records to a marketing list
4. Add the data selected to use a quick campaign
5. Bulk assigns records to a new user or different team or Queue.
So far we have only been looking at the Map capability from the left navigation but MAPs can also be included in individual entities giving additional functions
The screen shot below shows a typical account with a map
Note that related sub accounts and contacts can be shown at the individual layer and easy to get navigation and driving instructions to a contact can be obtained by using the router planner and adding the contact to the route.
This covers off most of the features available in eMAP with the first release with additional features like location sorting and data filtering coming in future releases.
eMAP is a practical and easy way to work with Data in Microsoft Dynamics CRM and provides a great visualisation tool for Sales, Marketing and Service.
There are many features and ways to combine MAP and GIS features into your business.
For more information please register with the MyCRM Download Centre http://downloads.mycrmgroup.com/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org